Through the use of next generation TANALITH wood preservative together with the quality timbers we use, their careful preparation for treatment and the use of incising technology where applicable, we offer a 15 Year Treat-Right Performance Warranty on our fencing and playground timbers.
For our fencing timbers, we can offer a 15 Year Treat-Right Warranty on our incised Spruce fencing and treated Pine fencing products.
Our standard Spruce fencing does not carry a performance warranty but still receives a high quality preservative treatment with latest generation TANALITH to a 15 year desired service life specification.
We offer a 15 Year Treat-Right Warranty on our Radiata Pine and a 10 Year Treat-Right Warranty on our Pine playground timbers.
Covered is the cost of re-supply by A E Evans, or the re-supply by A E Evans (at our option), of a component that is proven to have failed as a result of fungal decay or insect attack. It does not cover the costs of removal or reinstatement of such components or consequential costs or loss due to failure of the component.
The term 'fungal decay' as used in the warranty refers to wood destroying fungi that feed on and degenerate the wood cell walls. It excludes staining and mould fungi associated with the weathering of wood.
The term 'insect attack' refers to attack by wood digesting insects that destroy the timber structure.
The term 'failed' refers to damage caused by insects and/or fungi to such an extent that the component is no longer fit for purpose.
This does not affect the statutory rights of consumers, or exclude or restrict the liability of A E Evans Ltd for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
1. Only A E Evans timber posts that have been treated to Use Class 4 must be used in ground contact situations - Use Class 4 (BS EN 335-1).
Other A E Evans out of ground timber components such as rails and boards, that have been treated to Use Class 3, should only be used for out of ground contact situations - Use Class 3 (BS EN 335-1).
2. Should the A E Evans pressure treated timbers be cross cut, notched or bored during installation, then exposed surfaces are to be liberally brushed with ENSELE end grain wood preservative to the directions shown on the product label.
3. Timber posts must not be pointed after treatment.
4. The shortening of timber posts should be avoided, if possible. If shortened, the cut end must never be used in ground contact.
5. Any A E Evans pressure treated timbers which are further processed, eg. planed, must be returned to A E Evans for re-treatment.
1. Any A E Evans pressure treated timber components supplied for use outside of European markets.
2. Any A E Evans pressure treated timbers removed from their original installation and re-used at a new location.
3. Additional terms and conditions apply. Full details available on request.